The Council may revise these Terms and Conditions at any time.
All the material on this website, including text and graphics, is the copyright of Ipswich Borough Council unless otherwise stated. You may use and print the content of this website provided you do not modify it in any way or use it for any commercial purpose.
We try to ensure that the information on this website is accurate and up to date. We shall not be liable for any error or omission, even if it is caused by our negligence.
We are not able to give advice on this website and you should not rely on any information on this website for taking any decisions without checking. We shall not be liable for the consequences if you do rely on the content.
We do not promise that access to this website or any part of it will be uninterrupted or fault free.
- Please note that IP-City Centre’s normal working hours are 8.30am – 5pm, Monday – Friday.
- We only accept reservations on the terms set out in this document. By completing a booking form you have accepted IP-City Centre’s room hire terms and conditions.
- We are not able to hold reservations unless confirmation is received within seven days of the provisional booking.
- Special requests for additional items to be supplied for bookings should be made in writing. We will confirm if we can meet these requests in writing. We accept no liability for being unable to provide additional supplies or equipment.
- IP-City Centre does not provide laptops for use with the projection equipment; it is the responsibility of the hirer to provide these.
- Parking is available at the Centre free of charge subject to availability. IP-City Centre promotes a green environment and encourages you to car share, walk or use public transport where possible. There is covered bicycle parking available.
- The room should be booked for a minimum of 30 minutes before your event is due to start to allow for delegates arriving early.
- You will only be given access to the conference room on the day of the conference and only during the times booked.
- If you exceed the allocated booking time or go over the normal working hours, you will be charged in hourly increments of £25.00 per hour plus VAT.
- All invoices are raised on the last working day of the month of booking and are payable within 30 days from the date on the invoice.
- A cancellation fee will be charged depending on the length of notice given as follows:
Notice period Charge Over 6 weeks notice No charge 6 to 4 weeks notice 30% of the room hire charge 4 to 2 weeks notice 60% of the room hire charge Less than 2 weeks notice 90% of the room hire charge Less than 48 hours notice 100% of the room hire charge
- In exceptional circumstances we may have to cancel your reservation. We shall only do so if:
- The Centre is closed due to fire, flood or other circumstances beyond our control;
- The Centre is sold to a third party;
- In our opinion the meeting you are planning to hold could damage the reputation of the Centre or cause a nuisance to occupiers;
- You have failed to pay a previous invoice for room hire at the Centre by its due date;
- You are declared bankrupt or become insolvent.
- If we do cancel your reservation for any of the above reasons we shall refund any advance payment you have made but shall have no further liability as a result of the cancellation.
- We shall hold you liable for any loss or damage to our property caused by you or anyone attending your meeting. We reserve the right to invoice you for the full replacement cost.
- We cannot accept any liability for the loss or damage of any property that is situated or left on our premises.
- Free of charge conference must not cost more than any of the previous four events.
- Must use the free conference room booking within one year of first booking.
- Once the free conference room booking has been used the next set of bookings can be set and confirmed.
- Room Hire Terms and Pricing still applies to all bookings.
- Subject to availability.
- All prices are excluding VAT.
- When the free booking is used all other costs for catering and additional equipment will apply and must be paid for.